***KITTCOM has an open recruitment to establish a hiring list for future openings***
Do you want to be a valuable member of a highly trained team at the hub of public safety? Do you desire a career opportunity which is challenging, exciting, and rewarding? Then KITTCOM has the career for you. As an Emergency Services Dispatcher you will be answering and dispatching 9-1-1 calls and non-emergency calls for service, and working together with other public safety agencies in Kittitas County.
Pay & Benefits
Starting pay is $3,795 per month. New employees work 40 hours per week while training. After initial training is complete, employees change to a 42 hour workweek with automatic overtime and pay increase, with additional raises per the Union contract with General Teamsters Local 760. KITTCOM offers medical, dental & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, enrollment in the Washington State retirement system and opportunities for ongoing training.
In order to qualify you
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have the ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and widely varying hours during and after training.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
To be considered, please complete an application and send it by one of the following methods:
- Mail to KITTCOM, Attn: George Long, 700 Elmview Road, Ellensburg, WA 98926
- Or deliver in person to KITTCOM, 700 Elmview Road, Ellensburg, WA 98926. At the front door, to the left is a callbox, press the button once and wait for on duty staff to answer.
- Or emailed to [email protected]
Applications must be received at KITTCOM by Monday, September 30, 2021 at 8am and can be found at www.kittcom.org/jobs. No late applications will be considered.
After review of the applications, selected candidates will be invited to test. Applicants successful with testing will move to an interview. If successful with the interview, applicants will be placed on a list to be considered for future openings.
If you have any questions, please call Director George Long at 509-925-8530.
You may download the application here.
Work and Live in Kittitas County
For more information about the area, try the Kittitas County Chamber site.
For more information about the emergency services dispatching profession, try the links below: