Do you want to be a valuable member of a highly trained team at the hub of public safety? Do you desire a career opportunity which is challenging, exciting, and rewarding? Then KITTCOM has the career for you. As an Emergency Services Dispatcher you will be answering and dispatching 9-1-1 calls and non-emergency calls for service, working together with other public safety agencies in Kittitas County.
Pay & Benefits
Starting pay is $24.98-$35.39, DOE, per hour. New employees work 40 hours per week while training. After initial training is complete, employees change to a 42 hour workweek with automatic overtime, with additional raises per the Union contract with General Teamsters Local 760. KITTCOM offers medical, dental & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, enrollment in the Washington State retirement system and opportunities for ongoing training.
In order to qualify you
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have the ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and widely varying hours during and after training.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
To be considered, please complete an application and send it by one of the following methods:
- Mail to KITTCOM, Attn: Hiring, 700 Elmview Road, Ellensburg, WA 98926
- Or deliver in person to KITTCOM, 700 Elmview Road, Ellensburg, WA 98926 [At the front door, to the left is a callbox, press the button once and wait for on duty staff to answer.]
- Or emailed to [email protected].
Applications will be reviewed as received and can be found here. Currently we are seeking to fill vacant positions and then create a hiring list.
After review of the applications, selected candidates will be invited to test. Applicants successful with testing will move to an interview before being considered for a full and extensive background investigation, polygraph, psychological evaluation and hearing test.
If you have any questions, please send an email to [email protected].