Do you want to be a valuable member of a highly trained team at the hub of public safety? Do you desire a career opportunity which is challenging, exciting, and rewarding? Then KITTCOM has the career for you. As an Emergency Services Dispatcher you will be answering and dispatching 9-1-1 calls and non-emergency calls for service, working together with other public safety agencies in Kittitas County.
Pay & Benefits
Starting pay is $3,928 per month. New employees work 40 hours per week while training. After initial training is complete, employees change to a 42 hour workweek with automatic overtime and pay increase, with additional raises per the Union contract with General Teamsters Local 760. KITTCOM offers medical, dental & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, enrollment in the Washington State retirement system and opportunities for ongoing training.
In order to qualify you
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have the ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and widely varying hours during and after training.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
To be considered, please complete an application and send it by one of the following methods:
- Mail to KITTCOM, Attn: Hiring, 700 Elmview Road, Ellensburg, WA 98926
- Or deliver in person to KITTCOM, 700 Elmview Road, Ellensburg, WA 98926 [At the front door, to the left is a callbox, press the button once and wait for on duty staff to answer.]
- Or emailed to [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed on the first and third Monday’s of the month and can be found here.
After review of the applications, selected candidates will be invited to test. Applicants successful with testing will move to an interview, before being considered for a background investigation, polygraph, psychological evaluation and hearing test.
If you have any questions, please call Director George Long at 509-925-8530.